Photo by Tojofotos
- Emerging Artists Exhibition at Strohl Art Center in NY. See the virtual tour courtesy of Chautauqua Visual Arts.
- Check out my interview at CVA!
- Started Chautauqua Visual Arts Residency Program from 6/27-8/15.
See the students/emerging artists and mentors & makers.
- Awarded 2020 GLEAN Portland A.I.R. program.
See all of the 2020 GLEAN artists & jurors here.
- Awarded the 2020 Chautauqua Visual Arts Residency Program.
- Check out my participation as a Spa Thought Partner, on Spa Embassy, a social project that “facilitates access to bodywork for queer, femme, BIPOC, cash-poor folks, and those defecting from carceral whiteness as a radical act of decommodifying community healing.”
- Awarded the New Media Gallery Residency at the Jack Straw Cultural Center, Seattle, WA.
- Artist-in-Residence at the Wassaic Project in Wassiac, New York.
- CANCELLED! STAY HOME! 03/28 - Open Studios at the Wassaic Project.
- 02/21 - Performing at “Platform: Engaging the Ethics of Production and Consumption” at the Santa Fe Art Institute, NM, featuring Labor Resident May Maylisa Cat and Stacy Scibelli.
Platform events connect the making of art with the making of movement. Platform bridges art and social engagement with interactive works and participatory experiences co-created by SFAI staff and artists in residence.
- Labor Resident at 2020 Labor Residency at the Santa Fe Art Institute in Santa Fe, New Mexico. January-February. See all Labor Residents.
- Awarded The Career Opportunity Grant from the Oregon Arts Commission + the Ford Family Foundation.
- Awarded The Emergency Grant from the Alliance of Artists Communities + Sam and Adele Golden Foundation for the Arts.
- Artist-in-Residence at the Pittsburgh Glass Center in Pennsylvania. September-December 2019.
I’ll be at Open Signal Fest on August 10, 2019 to do a performance called Semiotics of a Thai Kitchen.
Semiotics of a Thai Kitchen 4-5pm
A livestream workshop performance that captures the tools, social systems, and tropes of performative hospitality inside the art of constructing the globalized Thai food, by New Media Fellow May Cat.
Special thanks to the Regional Arts & Culture Council for funding this new website!